Sardaee is a traditional drink of Punjab which has cool effect on your body. In this summer you can beat the heat with the cool glass of sardaee or thandai. Plan a day earlier as you need to dip separately poppy seeds and almonds in water overnight.
Ingredients Of Sardaee
- 20 pieces almonds, soaked overnight
- 20 gm poppy seeds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup milk
- 5 pieces pistachios, chopped
- 8tbsp sugar
- 2 pieces cardamom
Method Of Sardaee
- Peel almonds and crush them in blender till a fine paste is formed. Add 2 cups of water so that paste is not so thick and strain it through a fine cloth (mul-mul).Pour the strained water into blender jug.
- Add one cup of milk to the jug and few ice cubes. Crush poppy seeds to make a liquefied paste and strain through fine cloth. Pour that into jug too. While putting poppy seeds into blender make sure not to use the residue because they are not pure.
- Add sugar and cardamoms. Mix them well. Add more water if desired.
- Garnish with pistachios. Serve chilled.