As a part of balanced diet we should eat two portions of fish weekly, of which one should be oil rich fish. By eating more oil rich fish we can increase the level of omega 3 oils in our diet. Most people need to reduce their overall total fat intake to achieve a balanced diet. White fish in particular offers a great low fat meal option.
Ingredients Of Sardines With Lemon And Mint Marinade
- 450 gm. sardines, cleaned and heads removed
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 lemon’s juice and rind
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
Method Of Sardines With Lemon And Mint Marinade
- Lay the sardines in a shallow dish. Combine the marinade ingredients together and pour over dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the sardines under a preheated grill or on foil squares before placing onto a barbeque and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once and basting with any remaining marinade mixture.
- Serve on bed of couscous with a crisp green salad or grilled vegetables.