Ingredients Of Scaled Mont Blancs
- 150 gm. good-quality dark chocolate
- 650 ml double cream
- 2½ ready-made meringue nests
- 675 gm. sweetened chestnut purée, from a can
Method Of Scaled Mont Blancs
- Place the chocolate into the bowl of a food processor and blend until it forms large, broken grains. Divide the chocolate equally among the eight glasses.
- Place the cream in a large bowl and lightly whip it until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Crumble one-and-a-half meringues into the mixture and mix well.
- Spread the chestnut purée on top of the chocolate in the glasses.
- Spoon the cream and meringue mixture into the glasses on top of the chestnut purée.
- To serve, crumble the remaining meringue over the top of the cream and meringue mixture. Assemble the Mont Blancs just before serving to retain the crunchiness of the meringue