By: Humaira Jamal
Today I am sharing the recipe of my friend Humaira Jamal. She is very good cook and currently she is living in Qatar. You are going to see her excellent work in my blog in future. She knows how to cook, create and present. You all are going to enjoy her sesame orange chicken recipe.
Ingredients Of Sesame Orange Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup water (or as much as needed to make batter smooth)
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper powder
- 1tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika powder
- 2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. corn flour (mix with 2tbsp of water)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- the juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
Method Of Sesame Orange Chicken
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, white pepper, paprika and hot sauce for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl combine 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 3 tbsp. corn flour, salt, 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp. white pepper, 1/2 tsp. chili powder and water mix thoroughly. The batter should be thick enough to coat the chicken but thin enough to flow around the pieces. Set aside.
- Dip chicken pieces into the batter to coat evenly (one by one). Deep fry the chicken in hot oil at about 325 degrees in wok for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In another wok heat 1 tbsp. oil add chopped garlic, sauté just few seconds add remaining ingredients except corn flour cook until the sauce is boiling add corn flour stir continuously till the sauce thickened and bubbly. Mix in a bowl with the fried chicken pieces.
- Serve immediately with fried rice.