- 1 kg beef
- 1 cup gram lentils
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 10 red chili pods
- 4 black cardamoms
- 12 black peppercorns
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of cinnamon stick
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1tbs plain yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt according to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- Pour 5 cups of water in a pan, add beef, washed lentils, all of the dry spices, plain yogurt, ginger and garlic. Boil mixture on medium heat until the meat become tender. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing. Mix all of the chopped ingredients, onion, ginger, coriander and mint leaves together.
- Grind beef mixture in a food processor. Pour in the beaten egg and knead well.
- Break off 1 tbs of the mince paste, wet your palm and place it in the center of your palm. Shape it into a smooth ball. indent the center with your thumb and press a little of the stuffing mixture into this. Fold the sides over carefully and reshape into a smooth half flat round shape.
- Repeat this with the remaining mince. Heat the oil and fry the kebabs on low heat till its golden in color from both sides.
- Serve it with the sauce of your choice.