It can be an ideal and tasty starter for any lunch or dinner party. Do give it a try.
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 200 gm canned mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 175gm smoked chicken breast finely chopped
- 2tbs thickened cream
- Oil for deep frying
- 8-10 stalk garlic chives
- 30 gm butter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Whisk egg whites, water and corn flour in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan. Add about one tablespoon of the egg mixture to form a pancake about 10 cm in diameter.
- Cook until set and lightly browned on the bottom, turn and brown other side. Repeat with remaining mixture, re-whisking as mixture starts to separate.
To make filling
- Cover the garlic chives with boiling water, leave for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted, then drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions,mushrooms and chicken, and stir until combined. Add the cream to the pan and simmer gently for 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper in it.
- Divide the filling evenly among the pancakes, spooning it into the center. Bring up the edges to form a pouch, carefully tie with blanched garlic chives to secure.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden and crisp, drain on paper towels. Serve hot.