- 1 cup pine nuts
- 500 gm feta cheese
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Spread the pine nuts in a single layer on an oven tray. Place in oven for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden, and then set aside to cool.
- Transfer the nuts to a food processor, process until roughly ground. Break up the feta cheese and add to the nuts, along with cream and pepper. Process until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add all herbs and process until all things are combined.
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap. Transfer the mixture to the bowl and press in firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Turn out onto a plate to serve and smooth the surface with a knife.
- Garnish with nuts and herbs, Serve the pate with toasts or with garlic bread.
Tip:Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving time.