By: DR Umbreen
Causes of Dark Circles:
– Age: with the preceding age the skin under the eyes becomes thinner and veins under the eyes become more prominent.
– Fatigue and lack of sleep.
– Stress and depression.
– Nutrient Deficiency: lack of balanced diet can cause various deficiency in the body and also under eyes circles.
– Hyper pigmentation.
– Sun exposure.
– Excess use of drugs and medication
– Certain medical condition.
– 8 hours sleep is necessary and recommended for all.
– Use Sunglasses when going out under sun to protect the eyes from harmful rays
– Application of the creams with Vitamin C and Vitamin E also helps in reducing the dark circles.
– Drinking good quantity of water also helps in lightening of dark circles under the eyes.
– Eat food, vegetables and fruits rich in Iron, Vitamin E, C and K. like skinless chicken, Capsicums (use colorful like orange, yellow and Red).
Treatment for Dark Under eye Circles:
There are a variety of treatments available for dark under eye circles. Many topical creams are available that have been specifically designed to address under eye circles. Common ingredients include chamomile and vitamin E. Laser Resurfacing and Intense Pulse Light treatments are good options because they can reduce or eliminate the appearance of prominent veins and capillaries. Chemical peels, too, can be effective in rejuvenating skin around the eyes to eliminate dark circles by exfoliating damaged upper layers of skin to reveal new, healthier skin.