Umm-e-Ali is name of a very famous Egyptian bread pudding. Its made with puff pastry, milk and cream. Its very easy and quick dessert. Instead of bread we use puff pastry in it that’s why its taste is little bit different from regular bread pudding.
Ingredients Of Umm-e Ali
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cream
- 250 gm. puff pastry
- 1 cup mixed dry fruits
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup sugar
- Raisins and almonds for garnishing
Cooking Method Of Umm-e-Ali
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Grease baking tray properly and spread puff pastry on it. Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden and puffed. Set it aside.
- Take a pan and heat milk, cream and sugar and vanilla essence. Cook till bubbles are formed in this mixture. Set it aside.
- Now increase the oven temperature to 200 degrees. Grease baking dish and put baked puff pastry in it. Now put dry fruits and pour milk mixture over it. Put some raisins and almonds on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until its golden from top.
- You can serve it with whipped cream or with some ice cream.