- 1 large watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 honeydew melon, halved and seeded
- 15 ounce can oranges, drained
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- With a large , sharp knife, remove the top 1/4 section of the watermelon.
- With a melon baller, scoop flesh from inside of watermelon, removing as many seeds as possible. Leave 1/2 inch of flesh inside the shell of the watermelon.
- Scoop cantaloupe and honeydew in the same manner, removing as much flesh as possible, and discarding the rinds. Refrigerate fruits separately until ready to assemble.
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and continue stirring till sugar has completely dissolved. Add lemon zest and set aside to cool.
- To serve, place watermelon balls, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, pineapple, strawberries and grapes in a mixing bowl. Pour syrup over the top and toss thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to watermelon basket, and serve.