- 200 gm rice washed and soaked for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 tsp yellow color
- Almonds and pistachios chopped
- 1 tsp essence or kewara
- Boil water in a pan and add yellow color in it, add rice and cook it fully, then drain.
- In other pan heat the ghee when ghee melts then add sugar and 1/3 cup water, stir it until the sugar dissolves.
- Add chopped almonds and pistachios and 1 tsp kewara or essence.
- Add rice in this sugar syrup and put it on dum, covered for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios, and also put silver cover over it for decoration.
Tip: chef Zakir made this zarda with saela rice.