So the story behind this 2 in 1 cake is that I wanted to have plain cake with nuts and my son wanted to have a plain chocolate cake. I divided the batter into two parts. I added nuts in one and cocoa in another then poured them into a tin which I separated in the middle with a piece of cardboard or you can also use aluminum foil……taddaa everyone was happy.
Ingredients Of 2 In 1 Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts and almonds
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
Method Of 2 In 1 Cake
- Separate egg whites and yolks. First, beat egg whites with an electric beater till it’s all white and stiff. Now add sugar and beat again till sugar is mixed fully in egg whites.
- Now add sifted flour, baking powder, egg yolks, and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Add melted butter and mix it. Now divide the batter equally into two bowls. In one bowl add cocoa powder and in the other add nuts.
- To prep, the cake pan, take a piece of aluminum foil and fold it several times to form an elongated strip that will divide the pan in two down the middle.
- Pour each batter into one side of the divided pan and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. You can also make a frosted cake this way with different icings and frostings.
- Best of all, this half & half cake is not only visually appealing, but it also means you’ll be able to simultaneously please both the chocoholics and nut lovers in your life!