Tracy Bodoni shares this recipe for almond biscotti cookies. double baking is the secret to these crunchy Italian cookies. Their hard texture makes them perfect for dunking into your hot drink. You can find Tracy at Mooch-a-Meal with Tracy at www.moochamealwithtracy.com.
Ingredients Of Almond Biscotti
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 ½ cups flour
- ½ lb. butter
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup slices almonds
- 2 cups confectionary sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
Method Of Almond Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- grease cookie sheets.
- Cream sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and eggs and beat well. Then add in the flour, baking powder & salt.
- Form into 8 small loaves or 6 larger loaves and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut diagonal into ½-inch slices and return to oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and then turn back upright to icing and add beads, chopped almonds, etc. to the top.
- Biscotti always need double baking in order to make them little hard and crispy than normal cookies. You can store them in air tight containers upto 3 to 4 weeks in cool and dry place.