One of the best almond cookies I ever tried. It just melts in your mouth and almonds give it very good taste.
Ingredients Of Almond Cookies
- 8 tbsp.butter
- 3/4 cup grinded sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
Method Of Almond Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the beaten egg and almond extract.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball.
- Divide the dough in half and then roll each half into a log, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Or you can also shape cookies with your hands.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 3 or 4 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks to cool completely, or just eat warm from the oven.