Here is an easy recipe for almond heart biscuits to follow by Shireen Anwar. She is my favorite chef and you can try her recipes without any doubt. I love her baking style, it’s so simple and easy that anyone can follow it.
Ingredients Of Almond Heart Biscuits
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 1/2 ounce butter
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 4 tbsp. flaked almonds toasted
- Ingredients For Icing
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 egg white beaten
- 1/2 tsp. flour
- 2 drops pink color (optional)
Method Of Almond Heart Biscuits
- Beat 2 1/2 ounce butter and 2 tbsp. icing sugar till fluffy.
- Add in 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup ground almond, and 1 tbsp. rice flour, knead lightly until smooth, roll, cut into a heart shape with cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a lightly greased tray, bake on 150 degrees for 12 minutes, remove from oven, spread with icing sugar on each biscuit, sprinkle with 4 tbsp. toasted almond.
- You can make these biscuits with any nuts of your choice. Serve them with your evening tea or coffee. I also use this basic recipe for biscuits without almonds and then do the royal or sugar icing with different patterns and colors and shapes.
Method For Icing
- Beat half of the egg white lightly with a fork, mix in 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar and 1/2 tsp. flour, add drops of pink food color, use as required.