These Almond Joy Truffles only need four ingredients and taste like the candy bar with a creamy coconut center, a hidden almond, and a layer of dark chocolate. Jennifer Nickel-Kreisler shares this recipe. This is a no-bake dessert. I did mix in the 1 cup powdered sugar to make the mixture a bit more stable.
INGREDIENTS OF Almond Joy Truffles
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 24 Fisher whole natural almonds, roasted
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flakes and sweetened condensed milk. The mixture should hold its shape when pressed together. If not, add a tablespoon more condensed milk at a time until it holds shape.
- Using a large cookie scoop or 1.5 tablespoons of coconut mixture, shape into mounds and place on a wax paper cookie sheet. Press one Fisher almond into the top of each mound. Place mounds into the freezer for 15 minutes or fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate according to package directions, until just melted. Do not overheat.
- Place mound on top of melted chocolate. Using a spoon, spoon melted chocolate gently over the truffle. Using a fork, lift the truffle out of the chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to run off, and drain it back into the chocolate bowl. To help remove excess chocolate, you can lightly tap the fork on side of the bowl.
- Place truffles back on the lined tray. Allow chocolate to harden at room temperature. Serve fresh or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
This looks very good. Please send me the website thank you