As we all know that almonds are good for health. 20-25 almonds contain as much calcium as 1/4 cup of milk, a valuable tool in preventing osteoporosis. Almonds are the best whole food source of vitamin E, in the form of alpha-tocopherol, which may help prevent cancer. If you’re pregnant, almonds are a great source of the folic acid you need! Almonds contain more magnesium than oatmeal or even spinach. Build strong bones and teeth with the phosphorus in almonds.Here is the recipe of badam ka halwa with lots of almonds in it.image courtesy chef in you
Ingredients Of Badam Ka Halwa
- 3 cups of almonds
- 6 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Little saffron
- 1/4 tsp yellow food color
- 3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
Method Of Badam Ka Halwa
- Soak the almonds in warm water for 1 hour. Remove the skin.
- Put almonds in the blender with a milk. Blend them in a rough paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add almond mixture in it and sugar. Stir continually on low flame. Don’t even stop for minute, otherwise it will burn.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder and yellow color in it.
- When it starts boiling then add 2tbsp more ghee. Cook for at least 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat when halwa is not sticking with pan anymore.
- Garnish it with almonds.