For this recipe soak chick peas overnight and then boil them. You can serve this aloo chanay ki bhujiya with poori. Here is the link of recipe of poori.
Ingredients Of Aloo Chanay Ki Bhujiya
- 2 large potatoes, cut in cubes
- 1 cup boiled chick peas (chanay)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 3-4 green chilies, slit from center in half
- Salt to taste
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
Method Of Aloo Chanay Ki Bhujiya
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan, add sliced onions and sauté it to light brown, add chopped tomatoes mix it well and stir fry it.
- Then add 1 tsp onion seeds, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp crushed cumin seeds, 1 tbsp crushed red chilies flakes and mix it well, then add 1 cup boiled chanay (chick peas), fresh coriander leaves, slit green chilies and mix it well.
- Then add 2 to 3 cups of water and stir it, then add potatoes cubes and mix it well, cover it with lid slow the gas flame and cook for few minutes, open the lid and stir it again when gravy starts boiling lastly add the salt and mix it, cover it again and cook on slow gas flame. Keep on stirring it from time to time.
- Take a potato masher and mash the potatoes and chanay slightly so that half of potatoes and chanay get mashed and half of them stay whole and cook till gravy become thick and done.
For Tadka (Baghaar)
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil, add 1 tbsp of cumin seeds and stir fry it, when cumin seeds start crackling sound pour this in the aloo chanay mixture. Aloo Chanay ki Bujiya is ready to serve. Serve them with hot pooris.