If you are not drinking enough water then you could end up with excess body fat, poor muscle tone, digestive complications and muscle soreness. By consuming eight to ten glasses of water throughout the day, you could be on your way to a healthier, leaner body.
- Make it a habit to drink a glass of water every hour, especially in the summer season. This practice is essential to purify your digestive system and to help it eradicate the various toxins. Remember, filtered or boiled for 3 minutes is a potent detoxify.
- Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pains for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a university of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the number one trigger of daytime fatigue. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly eases back and joint pains for up to 80%.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.