Packed with vitamins , minerals and essential oils, avocados are available from May to October. Avocados are more popular than ever. No longer just a favorite dinner party starter, they can also be enjoyed in sandwiches, snacks, soups, salads, main meals and even desserts. The versatility of this remarkable fruit, coupled with its extra ordinary health benefits has guaranteed its place on menu around the globe.
Ingredients Of Avocado And Tuna Pitta Pockets
- 1 large avocado, stoned, skinned and chopped
- 100g can tuna in oil, drained
- 1/2 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 200g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pitta breads
Method Of Avocado And Tuna Pitta Pockets
- Place avocado in a bowl with tuna, yellow pepper, kidney beans and parsley. Mix well.
- Place garlic, oil, lemon juice and seasoning together in a screw topped jar and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour over avocado mixture and stir until coated in dressing.
- Warm pitta breads in a pan and split down one side. Fill with avocado mixture and serve.