Beef Bihari boti is one of my favorite dishes. I love to have this with parathas and yogurt dip. Marinate the undercut beef pieces overnight for the best results. Cut the undercut into small pieces and then marinate it with the ingredients given below. You can grill it or barbeque it. I made this in a cooking pan and then I gave it a coal smoke. Here is the recipe for Bihari keema for you to try.
Ingredients Of Bihari Boti
- Beef boneless cubes 450-500 gm
- raw papaya paste 2 tbsp (use meat tenderizer 1 tbsp if you don’t have papaya)
- ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- green chili paste 1/2 tbsp
- salt 1 tsp
- red chili powder 1 tbsp
- garam masala powder 1/2 tbsp
- star anise powder 1/4 tsp
- yogurt 1/4 cup
- poppy seeds roasted and grind 1/2 tbsp
- fried crushed onion 2 tbsp
- 1 large onion, cut in rings
- 1/2 cup oil
Method Of Beef Bihari Boti
- Marinate beef pieces with all ingredients for 4 to 5 hours. For the best result, you can leave it in the fridge for the night.
- At this stage, you can grill it in skewers. You can barbeque it. What I did is that I cooked it in a pressure cooker. Add 1 cup water and cook till it’s tender. It should be very soft.
- Then add half cup oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion rings. Take a lump of hot coal and put a piece of foil paper over beef and coal on it. Pour few drops of oil over coal and cover the lid. The coal smoke will give the barbeque flavor. Leave it on the heat on a very low flame for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas and dip.