Here is a recipe for beef pockets by chef Zakir. you can take mutton or beef mince. Chicken mince can also be used in this recipe. Any filling will go with these baked pockets.
Ingredients Of Beef Pockets
- 1/2 kg beef, undercut
- 250 gm puff pastry dough
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp raw papaya paste
- 2 tbsp French mustard paste
- 2 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
Method Of Beef Pockets
- Slit the meat piece lengthwise from the middle, so that it opens up and becomes one big thin flat piece. Coat it with salt, ginger garlic paste, and papaya. Keep it aside for 2 hours.
- Put lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, mustard paste, black pepper, and red chilies in a bowl and mix it well.
- Rub this mixture on the meat thoroughly. Heat the grill pan and keep the meat on it so that it is cooked properly and the blood dries up.
- Sprinkle flour on puff pastry dough and roll it out thinly. Beat an egg. keep cooked meat in the center of puff pastry dough. Apply the egg on the edges of the dough and cover the beef with puff pastry dough. seal the edges with a fork. Brush the remaining egg over the pastry dough.
- Brush a little butter on a baking tray and put the pastry in it. Keep the tray in a preheated oven at 200 degrees and bake it for 10 minutes or till it turns golden.
- Turn off the oven after 10 minutes, leaving only the upper grill on for few minutes. Cut it into pieces before serving.