The Great thing about green Chile is that you can eat all you want and not get fat. Green Chile is fat-free, low in calories, almost no cholesterol and has lots of fiber. Green Chile helps build up your immune defense system because it has lots of Vitamin C, even 6 times more than an orange. Beef with green chilies is the dish you can make on eid day with rice.
Ingredients Of Beef With Green Chilis
- 1/2 kg undercut, cut in thin slices
- 1 piece ginger, julienne cut
- 1 cup broth or water
- 6 big green chilies, cut them from center lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 green onion, chopped (only green part)
method Of Beef With Green Chilis
- Marinate the beef with 1 tbsp oil, baking powder, eggs and corn flour for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the beef. When beef is fried take it out and set it aside.
- In the same pan fry ginger for 1 minute and add broth or water, salt, black and white pepper, vinegar and soya sauce. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add fried beef and cook till it thickens. Now fry the green chilies in pan and put them on beef just before serving.
- Garnish it with green onion. Serve with boiled or egg fried rice.
ahaan…. yum yumm… delicious…
Thank you for this recipe….
thanks for the tip
Thanks so much for the recipe. I was looking for this recipe after me and my husband had it in Shanghai last year. really loved it. I am going to make this for my husband :). I have one question. Can you please tell me the reason for using baking powder here?
I followed some one recipe and baking powder was there in ingredients