This recipe was passed onto me by my dear sister in law. Behari keema tastes so good with parathas green chutney and onions salad. The coal gives it a unique aromatic flavor. I took mutton beef for this recipe. You can also use beef.
Ingredients Of Behari Keema
- 1 kg mince
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. crushed red chilies
- 1 tsp. hot spices powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1 cup oil
- Green chilies 3-4
Method Of Behari Keema
- Marinate mince with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilies, coriander powder for 1 hour.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add marinated mince in it. Cook covered on low heat till the water dries up and mince become soft.
- Now add paste of fried onions and green chilies in it. Add all spices powder and cook on high flame till oil comes on a surface.
- place a piece of foil on the mince add the hot coal, spoon oil on the hot coal, and cover, till the smoke settles.
- serve hot with onion rings, green chili, lemon wedges.
- I love to have this mince with parathas and mint green chutney.
How to make fried onion paste?
Add fried onions in blender with little water and make paste
What is hot spices powder??