Besan halwa or gram flour halwa is a specialty of winters. You can store this halwa up to months in the fridge. For perfect halwa make sure to make it on low flame and in the nonstick pan as besan burns easily. I always use milk and ground sugar in making this halwa. I don’t like sweets so you can adjust sugar according to your taste.
Ingredients Of Besan halwa
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1 cup sugar, ground
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup Balai (milk cream, optional)
- 6 cardamoms
- Almonds and pistachios for garnishing, chopped
Method Of Besan Halwa
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add cardamoms, and fry them for few seconds.
- Add gram flour and cook it on very low flame stirring continuously. You have to cook the gram flour at least for 15-20 minutes or until you feel its aroma and its cooked. Add half Balai after 10 minutes and another half after 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix it well. When sugar dissolves then increase the flame to medium and add milk and stir until milk is mixed thoroughly. Stir it continuously at this stage.
- Stop cooking when halwa leaves the ghee. Add nuts and serve it hot or cold.