This besan ka halwa tastes so great and it’s very nutritious and good especially in winters. My kids love it and they want to eat it on daily basis and they even take it as lunch to their schools. Try to make it in a nonstick pan because gram flour burns so easily in other pans. Cook this halwa on a very low flame for a good result.
Ingredients Of Besan Ka Halwa
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1 cup sugar, grinded
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup Balai
- 6 cardamoms
- Almonds and pistachios for garnishing, chopped
Method Of Besan Ka Halwa
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan, add cardamoms and fry them for few seconds.
- Add gram flour and cook it on very low flame stirring continuously. You have to cook the gram flour at least for 15-20 minutes. Add half balai after 10 minutes and another half after 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix it well. When sugar dissolves then increase the flame to medium and add milk and stir till the milk is mixed thoroughly.
- Stop cooking when halwa leaves the ghee. Add nuts and serve it hot or cold.
- Do try this recipe and enjoy this halwa in winters with a mug of tea or coffee.
Thanks for this recipe but It seems loose I need in dry pices like mithai. What ingredient in this recipe can be use to do so.
If you want it in pieces then skip the bali in it and take half quantity of milk. When its ready spread it evenly in a tray and let it cool down for 2-3 hours and then cut it into required shapes and pieces.
what’s bali? where do i get it?
its milk cream, malai and you can also called it balai
where can wqe get balai from
balai is a malai which we get from milk……..milk cream
Yur method is so easy, but i dnt think so k ye woh mazah daiga jo Asal Baisan k Halway say aati hai.
Jab aap is mei Milk aur Balai daal rahi hain to iski Life buhat kam hojayegi. Baghair fridge k ye nahin thairsakta, I think…..
& u can make it easily in any Silver pan.
My recepie is quiet different then yur’s….
i dont know about your recipe but mine is perfect:))) because i tried it many times