Its an Indian dish and it is just like chat served with green chutney or yogurt. You can add the dips of your choice in it. In some places they also add boiled chick peas in it.
Ingredients Of Bhel Puri
- 1 packet puffed rice
- 1 packet bhel mix
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, cut in cubes
- 3 tbsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 4 tbsp tamarind, soaked in water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Method Of Bhel Puri
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on boiled potatoes and set them aside.
- Remove seeds from tamarind and simmer it to thicken on low heat. Add sugar and little salt in it and cook for 2-3 minutes. It should not be too thick.
- In a bowl mix puffed rice and bhel mix.
- Take a plate, serve bhel mixture, add potatoes, onion, tomatoes and chilies. Dust it with chat masala and cumin powder. Pour the tamarind sauce and garnish it with green coriander.
- You can also serve it with green chutney or some yogurt on top.