This recipe for bhindi masala or okara was shared by chef Tahir. He was a great chef and we learned great recipes on budget with him. May God grant him high levels in heaven and he rests in peace. You can have this masala bhindi with hot chappatis and yogurt dip, my favorite combination.
Ingredients Of Bhindi Masala Or Okara
- 500 gr bhindi (ladyfinger)
- 2 medium onion, diced
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green chilies
- 2 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. dried mango powder
Method Of Bhindi Masala
- In a wok or a heavy pan heat the oil and stir fry onion until becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook the mixture over medium heat, stir constantly till convert into a thick sauce.
- Now add the bhindi(ladyfingers) and stir fry 3-4 minute, ensure that the bhindi evenly coated with the sauce.
- Now add all spices and ginger cover and steam over medium heat until tender about 8 minutes.
- Serve the bhindi on a warm serving plate and sprinkle the garam masala over it, garnish with the green chilies