If you enjoy cheese like me then you will love this recipe. With its deliciously creamy and moreish taste, you will find it hard to resist. Convenient and endlessly versatile, there are plenty of occasions for all the family to enjoy bread cheese pudding.
Ingredients Of Bread And Cheese Pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 pt. milk
- 250 gm. churnton cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper as required
- 6 large thick slices of white crusty bread
- Butter for greasing
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
Method Of Bread And Cheese Pudding
- Butter a deep ovenproof dish. Whisk together the milk, eggs, 25 gm. cheese, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Season well.
- Halve the slices of bread diagonally and place half of them in the dish. Cover with 125 gm. cheese and top with the remaining bread. Pour over the egg and milk mixture.
- Press the bread gently into the milk.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes to absorb most of the liquid.
- Bake at 220 c for about 30 minutes or until puffed, lightly set and well browned, covering loosely with foil if necessary.