Last year my mother was diagnosed from breast cancer. It was the saddest moment of my life. Doctors said that cancer is in the second stage and it can be cured. Doctors suggested 6 chemotherapy, and then operation and after operation 1.5 months radiations and medicines for 5 years. Now the treatment is over and she is fine and she has started the medicines now. The main concern is now that the cancer cells will not return. Eating well will help you stay strong by giving your body the nutrients it needs.
A healthy diet—one with a variety of foods that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and regular protein—gives you the reserves of nutrients you need to keep your strength up while you’re fighting breast cancer. These reserves also help rebuild your body’s tissues and keep your immune system strong to help fight off infection. Plus, a healthy diet can help you cope with treatment side effects. There is evidence that some cancer treatments actually work better in people who are eating enough calories and protein. While you’re having breast cancer treatment, it’s more important than ever that you eat a healthy diet.
Unfortunately, a lot of women do die of it. But with early detection, treatment and lots of support it can be beaten. I know because I saw it happen to my mom, a woman whose will power exceeded my every expectation this year. She is a survivor and you can be too.
The following tables list the best foods for breast-cancer treatment and prevention, based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
Note: Vegetables must be cooked, not raw.
· Pears (any type)
· Asian pears
· Pine nuts
· Quail eggs (fresh or canned)
· Red beans
· Chinese white fungus
· Bamboo shoots (available canned)
· Chinese pearl barley
· Mung beans
· Lotus seeds
· Bamboo tips (available canned)
· Black beans
· Chinese red dates
· Green tea (any kind except decaffeinated)
· Bee pollen
Foods to Avoid
For general breast-cancer prevention, eat at least two servings each of a recommended fruit and vegetable daily. Supplement this with recommended seafood two to three times a week.
When eating for healing, the goal is to maximize the nutrients your body can absorb from the foods you eat while minimizing the energy required to digest them. To this end, try to eat a varied diet that consists primarily of vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, some grains, and some seafood. Avoid red meat, poultry, and pork, which require a great deal of energy to digest.
Start by gradually modifying your existing diet to incorporate as many of the recommended foods as possible. For example, use honey instead of sugar in your tea. Or rather than having oatmeal in the morning, opt for a bowl of Chinese barley soup and a kiwi. Many small adjustments can collectively have a measurable impact on your health.
As important as these dietary recommendations are, do not let following them become a source of stress. Your emotions have a far greater impact on your health than the foods you eat.
According to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), you should avoid the following types of foods, especially when being treated for breast cancer:
- Charred and deep-fried foods. Both cause a condition known as “internal heat” in the stomach, which can cause a functional disorder of this organ. (It is especially important to avoid these foods when undergoing chemotherapy and radiation since the treatments already create excess heat in the body.)
- Raw vegetables. Eating too many raw vegetables weakens the stomach and spleen, two organs essential for breast-cancer prevention. Although some nutrition is invariably lost when cooking vegetables, raw vegetables take a great deal more energy to digest than cooked vegetables.
- Cold or iced foods and beverages. Your stomach functions best when the food you eat is warm. Consuming cold foods and beverages day after day can unbalance the stomach function.
Hi there. I think you could also make more of it through a bigger exposure about \”Reduce The Risk OF Breast Cancer With The Help Of Food We Eat | Neel’s Corner\”. Perhaps you can have some survivor chick chocolates.