Now with this simple and easy recipe of Chef Gulzar, you can make your own brown bread at home. Enjoy. you can eat this bread every day, just don’t overdo it. You can eat 4-4.5 slices of this bread without worrying about your health. The fiber, vitamins, and minerals in brown bread make it a healthy choice. It regulates bowel movements, lowers cholesterol levels, and keeps blood sugar levels under control.
- 1/2 kg wheat flour( lal atta)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Take warm water and dissolve yeast and sugar in it. Leave it for 5-10 minutes or till the yeast becomes double in size.
- Take flour and add salt, egg, baking powder, milk, and yeast mixture to it. Knead it in a dough. Leave it covered for 2 hours.
- Put this dough in a lightly greased loaf tin and bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degrees in a lower rake for 15 minutes.
- Slice it according to your needs.
Tip: You can skip the sugar if you don’t want sweet.
The characteristic brown color in bread is generally due to added colors. The most commonly added color is ‘INS 150a’, known as ‘caramel color’. It gives a deep brown color to bread upon addition.