Butter chicken is an Indian dish. While the dish’s general recipe is well known, the actual flavor can vary from restaurant to restaurant even within India. Butter chicken is usually served with naan, roti, parathas or steamed rice. It is also known as chicken makhni.
Ingredients Of Butter Chicken
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 400g can tomatoes
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1kg chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
- 75g butter
- 1 tbsp. corn oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp. cream
Method Of Butter Chicken
- Place the yogurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yogurt mixture. Set aside.
- Melt together the butter and oil in a medium wok or frying pan.
- Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7 to 10 minutes.
Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well.
- Pour over the cream and stir in well. Bring to the boil.
- Garnish the butter chicken with the remaining chopped coriander.