Conceiving for the first time is usually a touching moment for women. But as the time of delivery nears, she begins to get cold feet. Engulfed by fears of pains, the images of horrific deliveries that are so dramatically shown in both Bollywood and Hollywood movies flash through her mind. As a result, she opts for a Caesarian delivery, a painless and now increasingly popular method of delivering a baby. This method is becoming common amongst well-to-do families and celebrity moms, hence the term “too posh to push”:)
Following are some of the reasons why a Caesarian section is becoming the ultimate choice for delivering a baby:
- Media has a great impact on the minds of viewers. This creates a distorted image on the minds of pregnant women and they go for caesarian deliveries to avoid all that pains which you have to face in normal delivery.
- The previous painful experience of the mother of the expecting woman or the woman herself, if she is having a second child, also plays a major role in opting for a caesarian delivery.
- Lack of emotional support from her family during the labor pains, especially in Pakistan.
- Time management for working women, as they can manage time according to their delivery date or adjust their date if they have any problems taking a long leave.
- Nowadays many doctors give women a choice whether they want to have a caesarian delivery or the normal one.
- Breech position
- Failure to progress in labor
Hazards of Caesarian Delivery
- In caesarian delivery, whether it is done through spinal anesthesia or the ordinary type, pain comes afterward and stays for a longer period of time
- The risk of wound infection is greater in this kind of delivery.
- Caesarian delivery leaves a scar on the lower abdomen.
- The muscles tend to become loose and take a longer time to come back into their normal position. If proper exercise is not done, they might never again regain their original shape.
- In most women going for spinal anesthesia, spinal headaches are reported when the effect wears off.
- The involution of organs takes a longer time after caesarian delivery.
- It takes a longer time for the woman to regain her normal day-to-day activities as she cannot bend or pick up heavy things at least six months. If proper care is not taken, there are chances of developing a hernia.