Here is a recipe for caramel cheesecake squares by Fati Naz. Enjoy them with your coffee and tea. You will love the taste of these mini treats.
Ingredients Caramel Cheesecake Squares
- 1cup plain biscuits, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup fresh milk (warm )
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk caramel (12 1/2 oz.) (recipe follows)
- 100gms fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp. golden syrup
Method Of Caramel Cheesecake Squares
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 sheets of foil (crisscrossed), leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Finely grind biscuits with sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor. With motor running, add butter, blending until combined. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of baking pan. Bake 10 minutes, then cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes.
- For Filling
Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small bowl and let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Beat together cream cheese, eggs, salt, and gelatin mixture in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes, then stir in milk caramel gently but thoroughly.
- Pour filling over crust, smoothing top, then bake in a hot water bath (I was able to fit mine in a 9×13-inch baking pan) in the oven until center is just set, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cheesecake completely in pan on the rack, about 2 hours. Chill, covered, at least 6 hours.
Glaze cake within 2 hours of serving
- Heat all glaze ingredients in a double boiler or a small metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth, then pour over cheesecake, tilting baking pan to coat top evenly.
- Chill, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Lift cheesecake from pan using foil overhang and cut into 1-inch squares with a thin knife, wiping off the knife after each cut. (Don’t skip this step! A clean knife is essential for neat squares.)
Method Of Milk Caramel
- Pour one can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk into top of double-boiler pan; cover. Place over boiling water. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 50 minutes, or until thick and light caramel-colored.
- Remove from heat. Whisk until smooth