This is my first attempt to make carrot cake and I am going to make this tomorrow again because it was finished in minutes. Carrot cake is a cake which contains grated carrots in batter. You can also add nuts in it. This recipe makes very moist and soft cake. You can serve carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I added some caramel sauce on it. The touch of cinnamon gives the extra bonus taste.
Ingredients Of Carrot Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4-5 medium grated carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar (200gm)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100gm)
- 1 cup oil
- 2tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese
- 2 cups (230 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest(outer yellow skin) (optional)
Method Of Carrot Cake
- Beat eggs and both sugars till they are creamy with an electric beater. Add oil and mix again.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Now add all dry ingredients gradually to egg mixture and mix it. Add grated carrots and fold it with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into two pans.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Method Of Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese and butter, on low speed, just until blended with no lumps.
- Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar and beat, on low speed, until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Apply this frosting on the cake and enjoy with tea or in breakfast.