Ingredients Of Chana Dal Halwa
- 1/2 kg chana dal, washed and soaked (gram lentil)
- 1 cup ghee
- 1tsp grinded cardamom
- 250 gm khoya
- Sugar according to taste
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 100 gm Almonds
- 100 gm Pistachios
- 50 gm Crushed coconut
- 1 tsp saffron strands, dissolved in 3tbsp water
Method Of Chana Dal Halwa
- Boil the chana dal till it is soft and done.Grind the chana dal in chopper with 5 cardamoms till it forms a paste.
- Heat ghee in pan and add grinded cardamom in it. Put grinded dal in it and cook it on low flame for half an hour or more. Stir continually otherwise it will burn.
- Now add sugar and stir it. Add nutmeg and saffron in it.
- Add khoya and almonds, pistachios and crushed coconut in it. Settle it in tray and when it cool down cut it into diamond or square pieces. Or you can serve it as it is. You can store this halwa foe many days.
- Garnish it with nuts and serve hot or cold.
Tip: Use non-stick pan to make this halwa.