Prawns are an extremely good source of protein, yet are very low in fat and calories, making them a very healthy choice of food. Prawns do contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, but these fatty acids are good for you and help prevent heart disease, circulatory diseases, and many other types of illnesses.
Ingredients Of Char-Grilled Garlic Prawns
- 1kg raw prawns
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2tbs sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2ts grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Method Of Char-Grilled Garlic Prawns
- Remove heads from prawns. Peel and devein, leaving the tails intact.
- Combine the juice, oil, garlic, ginger, salt, and black pepper in a jug and mix well.
- Place the prawns in a bowl, add the marinade and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cook the prawns on a hot barbecue or lightly greased grill for 3-5 minutes, or until pink and cooked, brushing frequently with the marinade mixture.
- Serve hot, garnished with lime and herbs if desired. Serve with the dip of your choice.
Tip: Cook and eat prawns within 24 hours of purchase.