Here is a recipe for chicken ala king. It was created in the 1890s by hotel cook William “Bill” King of the Bellevue Hotel in Philadelphia. Several obituaries in early March 1915 credited King after he died on March 4, 1915.
Ingredients Of Chicken Ala king
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken cubes
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 capsicums, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup chicken velvet
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- Coriander as required
Method Of Chicken Ala king
- Heat the oil in the pan and sauté the garlic paste in it, add chicken, and fry it for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add one cup of water and cook it till it starts boiling. Now add chicken velvet and cook it till it becomes thick.
- In another pan melt butter and fry capsicums and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Beat the fresh cream and add it to the chicken. Add salt, white pepper, and sugar to it. Mix it and add mushrooms and capsicum to it. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Garnish it with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Method Of Chicken Velvet
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add 2 tbsp flour to it, cook till it becomes light brown in color. Add 1 cup of chicken stock in it and cook till it thickens.