Although the dish is generally believed to have originated in Italy, one theory is that the word “lasagna” comes from the Greek λάσανα (lasagna) or λάσανον (lasanon) meaning “trivet or stand for a pot”, “chamber pot. Whatever the meaning is, it is the dish you are unable to resist because of cheesy flavor and texture of the white velvety sauce. Whenever i ask kids what they want for dinner the answer is always same, Chicken and mushroom lasagna.
Ingredients Of Chicken And Mushroom Lasagna
- Chicken (cooked) 2 cups
- Mushrooms(cooked) 2 cups
- Spinach(cooked) 1 cup
- Tomato sauce 2 cups
- White sauce 2 cups
- Mozzarella and cheddar cheese mix(shredded) 1 cup
- Pasta or lasagna sheets 1 pack
- Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp for garnish
- Basil leaves(fresh) for garnish
- Butter 4 tbsp
For White Sauce
- Maida ½ cup (refined flour)
- Butter 4 tbsp
- Milk as needed(about 1 liter)
- Nutmeg 1 pinch
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method Of White Sauce
- Add butter to a large pan, also add refined flour and cook for few seconds until flour is well blended with butter.
- Add milk gradually and keep stirring with the help of whisk, cook until nice and thick to sauce consistency.
- Add nutmeg , salt and pepper. Take off the heat, cover and set aside.
For Tomato Sauce
- Garlic (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Red chili flakes 2 tbsp
- Tomato paste 3 tbsp
- Tomato puree 4 cups(fresh tomatoes blended)
- Oregano 2 tbsp
- Brown or white sugar 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method For Tomato Sauce
- Add olive oil and garlic in a medium pan, sauté for few seconds, also add red chili flakes and tomato paste, mix well.
- Add tomato puree, oregano, and brown sugar. Season with salt
- Cook until nice thick sauce consistency.
Method For Lasagna
- Cook pasta sheets according to the instructions on the package.
- Take a big baking dish, butter the dish and spread 1 ladle of white sauce on the base
- Spread some lasagna sheets covering the entire base of the dish. Spread chicken and mushrooms, adding some spinach leaves last. Spread one ladle full of red sauce. Place more pasta sheets, and add a ladle of white sauce.
- Keep doing the layers in the same manner until everything is utilized. The top layer should be of the white sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese mix and some butter on top of the white sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180C until nice and bubbly and the top is golden.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil, serve hot with Italian bread
it does not tell you how many it will serve and the size of the dish you should use
it will serve 4-6 persons
Nice post. I recognize some thing additional chgnlelaing on different blogs everyday. It truly is going to usually be stimulating to read content material from other writers and practice somewhat something from their store. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d prefer to use some with the content on my weblog whether or not you do not mind. Natually IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll give you with a link on your internet weblog. Thanks for sharing.