Here is a recipe for Chicken And Ricotta Sausage Rolls by Chef Shai. To prevent soggy sausage rolls, ensure your oven is preheated before cooking. Ensure to space out the sausage rolls on the tray when cooking to provide enough room for the air to circulate and allow them to crisp up.
The best side dishes to serve with sausage rolls are french fries, blooming onion, crispy green beans, cheese dip, crispy chicken wings, crab cakes, coleslaw, potato salad, stuffed mushrooms, onion rings, corn on the cob, grilled vegetables, jalapeno poppers, and macaroni salad. Now, let’s get cooking!
Ingredients Of Chicken And Ricotta Sausage Rolls
- 1 packet puff pastry dough
- 6 chicken sausages
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup spring onions
- 6 green chilies
- Salt to taste
- Barbeque sauce as accompaniment
Method Of Chicken And Ricotta Sausage Rolls
- Grate ricotta cheese. Slice basil leaves finely and chop green chilies. Put grated cheese, basil leaves, green chilies, and salt in a bowl and make a mixture with your hands.
- Roll out puff pastry dough like a thin square paratha dough. Place a layer of the cheese mixture on a pastry dough. Take two sausages and keep them at the edge of puff pastry. Roll them lengthwise and then cut the puff pastry at the end.
- Repeat this process with the other sausages, to make 2 more rolls. Cut each roll into 4 pieces. You will have 12 pieces in all.
- Preheat oven. Keep the rolls on the tray and cook them at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Take them out when they turn golden brown.
- Serve with barbeque sauce.