This recipe is shared by my dear friend Shaista Basharat from Canada. You can make homemade chicken bread just like the one you get from the bakery at home. You can add anything in filling with chicken, like mushrooms, veggies, olives, etc.
Ingredients Of Homemade Chicken Bread
- 1 1/2 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp. all spices
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- Sesame seeds as required
Method Of Chicken Bread
- In a bowl mix together 4 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. sugar, 2 tbsp. milk powder, 1 tbsp. yeast, 4 tbsp. oil and 1 egg, knead to a medium soft dough with water, leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter fry 1 chopped onion till soft. Now add2 tbsp. flour with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. all spices, 1 cup milk, cook till it thickens.
- Now mix in 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken and add 4 chopped green chilies and 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, remove from heat, and cool filling.
- Roll the dough to a rectangular shape, snipped the sides of the edge with scissor or knife, put filling in the center and fold each side so they overlap each other the filling will show slightly, brush the top with 1 beaten egg, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake on 200 degrees C for 25 minutes.