You can cook chicken daleem with chicken, mutton or beef. Don’t forget to soak all lentils overnight. Following recipe of chicken haleem is made by famous chef Shireen Anwar on her show masala mornings.
Ingredients Of Chicken Daleeem
- Chicken boneless 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Brown onion 1/2 cup
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 3 tbsp
- Salt 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Allspice 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Wheat 1/2 kg
- Chana daal 1 cup
- Mong daal 1/4 cup
- Red lentils 1/4 cup
- Arhar ki daal 1/4 cup
- Mash daal 1/4 cup
Method Of Chicken Daleem
- Soak wheat overnight. Rinse under tap water thoroughly in the morning.
- Cook this wheat with 12 cups of water so much so that it is finely tender and is in a thick form.
- Cook chana daal, mong daal, red lentils, arhar ki daal, mash ki daal and rice together until all of them are tender.
- Heat up oil in a pan and fry ginger garlic paste for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, a little bit of water, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add red onion, yogurt, and salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add boneless chicken and cook till finely tender.
- Mash chicken with its mixture very well.
- Take another pan and pour all tender daals. Blend these daals with a hand blender or regular blender and add tender wheat in it. Blend again.
- Mix chicken mixture and wheat + daal blended the mixture together. Mix very well.
- Cook and keep mixing haleem at the same time.
- Heat up oil for bhagar and fry sliced onion till golden brown.
- Pour this bhagar over haleem and garnish with sliced ginger, Garam Masala and fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Qty of rice?