It’s the first time in my life that I cooked chicken kaleji or liver. I am not fond of eating it so I never cooked it. On my husband demand I cooked chicken kaleji and he said that he never ate so tasty kaleji ever. It’s a big compliment for me. I did a little research on internet and I found that chicken liver is full of vitamins, iron, zinc and fats. While chicken is one of the most commonly eaten meats, the liver is often overlooked as an undesirable part of the bird. Its not good for cholesterol patients as it contains high level of cholesterol. We should add liver in our kids diet.
Ingredients Of Chicken Kaleji/ liver
- 1/2 kg chicken kaleji/ liver
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. all spices powder (garam masala)
- 3 grinded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3-4 chopped green chilies
- Green coriander for garnishing
Method Of Chicken Kaleji/ Liver
- Heat oil in a pan. Stir fry ginger and garlic paste for few seconds and then add chicken kaleji/ liver in it.
- When liver changes it color then add tomato paste, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder and all spices powder.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes. When liver gets soft and water dries up then add lemon juice and green chilies.
- At this stage kaleji will leave oil. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.