This is Chef Zakir famous recipe of Chicken Karahi. Its easy, tasty and really very quick to make. you will find all ingredients in your kitchen.
- 500 gm chicken (small pieces)
- 3 tomatoes roughly grind
- 2 tbsp ginger finely sliced
- 2tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 bunch fresh green coriander
- 1tsp crushed dry coriander
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp crushed red chili
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste 1/4 cup oil
- Heat the oil and add the garlic and ginger paste, stir fry for few seconds then add crushed coriander and cumin, mix it well.
- Now add chicken, cook for 1-2 minutes then add 3 green chilies (one cut in center only), half bunch of coriander and mix it well.
- Add roughly grind tomatoes, salt, crushed red chili and turmeric. Cook covered with lid till the chicken is done, and water dries up.
- Garnish with sliced ginger,green chilies and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with chappati or naan.
Tip: cook the chicken karahi on high flame.
can we add crushed blk pepper and garam masala just for improving its taste.
yes you can
ager kisi ne ye recipe try ki ho to plz apne comments zaroor share kere is recipe k hawale se.
i did and its awsum if u will make this exact recipe changes can vary its taste….!!!
no need yogurt?
Did the same way as what was advised. However, I have seen Kahari being done with onions, curds and red chilli powder. Why was this missing in your method. Please let me know. I am in search of an exact method to make Kahari, the Lahori way.
try this recipe of my mother