This is Shireen Anwar’ s recipe and this is best like all other recipes. You can make the nehari masala according to given recipe and can store it in a jar. Use it whenever you need. You can make 6-8 times nehari with this masala. I garnished my chicken nehari with fried onions only because my kids don’t like other garnishing things.
Ingredients Of Chicken Nehari recipe
- 1 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 tbsp. garlic and ginger paste
- 3tbsp. red chili powder
- 2tsp salt
- 6 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 3tbsp nehari masala
- Finley sliced ginger
- Finely chopped green chilies
- Finely chopped green coriander leaves
- Fried onion
- Lemon as required
For Nehari Masala
- 6 pieces of cinnamon sticks (dar chenney)
- 6 black cardamom
- 12 big cardamoms
- 1/2 cup whole black pepper
- 1/2 cup fennel seeds (sonef)
- 1/2 cup roasted chick peas
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds (khashkhas)
- 2 tbsp. cloves (long)
- 2 tbsp. kachri powder
- 4 tbsp. red chili powder
- 2 tbsp. jalwatrey
- 2 tbsp. sonth
Grind all these ingredients and put this in some jar.
Recipe Of Chicken Nehari
- Heat ghee in a pot and fry chicken with garlic and ginger paste.
- Add red chili powder, nehari masala, salt and some water and cook on high flame.
- Now add 6 cup hot water in eat and cook for ten minutes on low flame. Cover it properly.
- Sift both flours and make the paste with some water. Now when your chicken is tender then add this paste in it and stir continually to avoid any lumps.
- Now nehari start thickening. Cover it and cook it for more 5 minutes or till the ghee comes on surface.
- Garnish it and serve hot with naan.