- 4 chicken breasts (cut each in 3 thin slices)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 courgettes cut in rings (tarey)
- 1 red capsicum cut in rings and remove seeds
- 2 onions cut in rings
- 4 tomatoes cut in rings
- 2 green chilies chopped after removing seeds
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive oil as required
- 1tsp sugar (optional)
- In a bowl put breast slices and apply salt, black pepper and olive oil to them on both sides and set it aside.
- Take a grill pan or non-stick pan,heat it lightly, and put chicken slices on it, cook it from both sides but don’t over cook. set aside.
- Now deep fry the courgettes rings until they are golden brown.set aside.
- In other pan heat 2tbsp olive oil and fry the garlic, when it turns brown add onion rings, capsicum rings, green chilies, mix it well. Now add grilled chicken slices in it.
- Add tomatoes rings, salt, black pepper, 1tsp sugar and fried courgettes rings.
- Mix it all well and cook covered for 2 minutes but remember don’t overcook the vegetables.
Note: if red capsicum is not available then you can take the green one. This picture is little different from original, sorry i didn’t get the original chicken pisto’s picture.