Puff pastry is easily available in the market. You can make different things from it with very little hard work. These chicken puff pastry patties are very tasty and freshly baked aroma is wonderful. You can also make chicken patties with frozen parathas if puff pastry is not available.
Ingredients Of Chicken Puff Pastry Patties
- chicken breast 1 large (boiled & shredded)
- onion 1 medium (finely chopped)
- bell pepper 1 small (deseeded finely chopped)
- milk 1 cup
- plain flour 2tbs
- unsalted butter 2tbs
- salt 1ts
- black pepper powder or crushed 1tsp (heaped)
- readymade puff pastry
- 1 egg
Method Of Puff Pastry Patties
- Boil chicken and shred keep aside. Melt butter in a pan add onion and cook till gets soft on high flame.
- Add flour, salt, black pepper and cook for 2 minutes.Then add milk mix well so that they are no lumps on low flame and cook till gets thick.
- Now add the chicken mix and leave it to cool completely. once cooled add bell pepper mix well.
- preheat oven 375f, 190c, gas mark 5. Beat egg for brushing.
- Dust the working surface with flour and place the puff pastry and cut it with a cutter (for 10 patties you need 30 cut pieces). You can make circles or triangles. any shape you like.
- Brush one piece with egg add a tsp of chicken mixture, then place the second piece of puff pastry brush with egg & repeat for the third piece, press it down slightly to seal the sides now brush egg.
- bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till puffs up and is golden.
- serve hot.