Don’t know what to cook in dinner tonight then go for chicken steaks. You cant go wrong with these chicken steaks and if you don’t have grill pan then don’t worry. You can also make them in your regular pan. I served these steaks with white mushroom sauce. You can also serve them with pineapple sauce or black pepper sauce.The steak can be served with rice, or mashed potatoes, or even roasted baby potatoes…whatever you like best. Marinate chicken in the ingredients below for at least 2 hours.
Ingredients Of Chicken Steak Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded lightly to flatten
- 1 tbs French mustard paste
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 lemon
- Salt according to taste
- ¼ cup oil
For White Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tin button mushrooms
- 2tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Method Of Chicken Steaks
- Marinate chicken steaks with above list of ingredients and leave it for 2 hours at least.
- Heat a hot steak pan or heavy griddle, add 2 tbsp. of oil to it and fry the steak on medium heat for about 10 minutes per side. Then increase the heat and give it a final fry of about 3-4 minutes per side or until it begins to slightly char. Do not crowd the pan, fry a few pieces at a time.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in flour. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not brown. take off from heat and then gradually stir in milk and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Season it with salt and white pepper.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter and add it in white sauce. Now pour white mushroom sauce over chicken steaks.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and garlic bread.