By: Humaira Jamal
Today I am again sharing the recipe of my friend. This is her personal tried and tested recipe of chicken stuffed baked potatoes.
Ingredients Of Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cooked and chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup cream or white cheese sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sweet corns (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg(optional)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cheddar and mozzarella
Method Of Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Wash and dry the potatoes thoroughly. Use a fork to make several sets of holes in each potato.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil then sprinkle generously with salt. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the potatoes meets no resistance.
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Heat 1 tbsp. of butter and sauté the onion, over low heat, for about 3 minutes. Add the grated garlic and cook everything for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in half a cup of cream or white sauce —and 1/4 cup of vegetable or chicken broth.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer, over low heat, for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped chicken and corns if using stir well. Add nutmeg, black pepper, hot sauce and salt, mix well. Set the sauce aside.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half (lengthwise) while they’re still hot. Scoop out most of the potato. Make sure you leave a thin potato layer in the shell.
- Mash potato flash slightly with fork and add the sauce to the mashed potatoes check the seasoning. The mixture should be thick.
- Fill the potato shells and sprinkle some cheddar and mozzarella on each potato. Put them back in a really hot oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top with green onions and serve hot.