Chicken Szechuan is a famous dish from Chinese cuisine. It is usually served with boiled rice or boiled noodles. I love the taste of crunchy vegetables and sizzling sauce in it.
Ingredients Of Chicken Szechuan
- Chicken boneless – 200 gm (cut into thin strips)
- Oil – as required
- Garlic – 4 cloves (chopped)
- Whole dry red chilies – 6 to 8 (cut into half)
- Onion – 1 (sliced)
- Capsicum – 1 (cut in julienne)
- Carrot – 1 (cut julienne)
- Cabbage – ¼ (cut in julienne)
- Chilly garlic sauce – 2 tsp or 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce – 2 tsp or 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – as required
- White pepper powder – as required
- Salt to taste
- Tomato – 1 (remove seeds – cut in julienne)
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp or as required
- Green chilies – 4 to 5
- Green spring onion leaves – 1
Method Of Chicken Szechuan
- Heat oil add chopped garlic sauté it light brown, add whole dry red chilies, chicken thin strips mix it well and cook. Add little water cover it with lid and cook it
- Then add sliced onions and veggie julienne like – capsicum, carrot, cabbage, mix it then add chilly garlic sauce, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, also add ¼ cup water and cook.
- Add seasoning like – black pepper powder, white pepper powder, salt, then add tomato julienne mix and cook.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp corn flour in water, add it to chicken mixture and cook. Chicken Szechuan is ready.
- Garnish it with green chilies and spring onion leaves.
Hello. Do you think this recipe would work without Worcestershire sauce? Dont have any at home.
Yes you can Skip that
Nice recipe plz share any new recipes
New recipes posted weekly on blog